Usually, organizations prefer word documents over PDF files. It is mostly used in the cases of old documentation that requires changing into Word documents. First, these documents are scanned to form a PDF file and then switched to Word.
Learn how to export the content of PDF to Word from ordinary copy-pasting to converting in bulks.
Convert PDF to Word: The Manual Way
For this method, you require the free version of Adobe Reader, choose any text editor, and Excel. Now, go through the given steps:
- First, open your PDF file in Adobe Reader.
- Go to File Menu, then Save as others, and then select the Text option.
- Now, select the Save option.
- Open the .txt file that your PDF file has switched into, like Notepad.
- Select all the given text by pressing CTRL+A
- Then press CTRL+C to copy the given text.
- Now, open the Word Document and then paste the text using the shortcut CTRL+V.
- You can edit the text any way you want and right on or click any part of the text.
Do not forget to add a few finishing touches to your Word document. Properly align the texts, select a layout, choose a format, provide spacing, etc.
The only drawback of this step is that the PDF file is copied as plain text, and all the formatting vanishes.
Use Word 2013 For Conversion
With Word 2013, you can convert the PDF into a Word document without any particular technique or tool.
- Go to the File option and then click on Open.
- Click on browse and select the location of the PDF file.
- Double click on the file and open it.
- When the file opens, you will notice a message that says the Word doc doesn’t appear the same as the PDF file.
While using Word 2013, many things might not convert from PDF to the Word file exactly like displayed.
- The colors and borders of the page
- Cellspacing in Tables
- Tracked Changes
- Tags and comments
- Any Video and Audio
- Many other Active elements
While using this method, there are possibilities that the PDF file might appear different once converted. The pages can appear divided at several places, and long paragraphs might break into many small ones. It can also occur as an image if the PDF file consists of charts and graphs.
Using Online PDF Converters
Online platforms are full of different PDF converters that can help convert the file into .doc, .docx, .rtf. You don’t have to waste time downloading any application on your computer to edit PDF online, and it is mostly hassle-free.
The only problem these online converters have is that there is a limit to free conversions, and after a limitation, you have to pay for it. You have to review and edit the text manually to avoid any issue with the given elements. So, ensure the formatting of tables, paragraphs, images, the way you want their presentations to look.
Adobe or Nitro do not excel at delivering perfect conversion of PDF files. You have to use many services before choosing the right platform for exporting to Word document.