What is Flutter?
Flutter is an open-source UI software development kit designed by Google that was launched in May 2017. It is a mobile SDK that is meant for designing high-performance mobile apps for Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, Linux, and the web by a single code base. Flutter apps are written in the Dart language and make use of many of the language’s more advanced features.
Why choose Flutter?
- Faster development:
Flutter is a cross-platform solution, so one code can be run on both Android and iOS. This saves a lot of development time. On the other hand, by choosing native development, you face a dilemma of choosing between Android or iOS. But with Flutter, you can choose any kind of mobile app development services, including both Android and iOS which ultimately makes it available for the wider audience.
- Increased productivity:
The best thing about Flutter is high-performance apps and hot reloading. We can make changes in the code and see them straight away in the app! Hot reloading allows developers to add features quickly and fix bugs in no time. It is one of the functionalities which is quite necessary for a fast-paced world.
- Reduced testing time:
Considering the base code for the application is the same, testers need to test the application on different devices in a single platform, ultimately reducing the testing period. Even the quality testing team has to test a single version of the application, reducing the testing period to almost half of it.
- Beautiful and highly-customized designs:
Flutter has a simple and flexible Layout system to build beautiful UI. It is highly capable of building its own user interface which can be used across multiple OS platforms.
- Easy to learn:
Apps developed using Flutter
There are already many apps developed using Flutter like Meeve, PostMuse, School Planner, Reflectly, Xianyu by Alibaba, Google Ads app and many more. Let’s learn about them a little:
- Meeve – This app allows users to connect with people nearby through events.
- PostMuse – It is a free photo editor that helps users to create personalised Instagram stories and Instagram posts. The app contains plenty of free fonts, free images, photo frames, and emojis to pick from.
- School Planner – It is a full-fledged homework management app for students and teachers. It allows users to add information about their timetable, homework, grades, exams, tests, enables sharing notes about them with other students, and sets reminders.
- Reflectly – A personal mental health companion, Reflectly is a journal using artificial intelligence to help users structure and reflect upon their daily thoughts and problems.
- Xianyu by Alibaba – Flutter helped Alibaba create something fast, smooth and ridiculously easy to use and they came up with Xianyu. Xianyu is being used by more than 50+ million users regularly to buy and sell millions of products from a large number of categories of products. It helped connect consumers, making the buying and selling process more natural.
- Google Ads app – Google Ads app which helps its customers keep their ad campaigns running smoothly on the go.
When sales are hard to come by, tapping a partner’s customer online whiteboard base is a smart way to boost sales. The good news is, every sector has opportunities for product mashups; all it takes is a little creativity. Take trash bags: Realizing that nobody likes the smell of trash, Glad partnered with Gain to develop bags that won’t stink up a kitchen.