Right now is a time that we never thought we would experience. It is a scary time that has left many of us feeling uncertain. However, now is not the time to put all of your marketing efforts on pause.
The Power of Marketing
For an effective marketing pitch during this time, you must deliver with the right tone and approach, while still being creative. This means being sympathetic to your customers while also being effective.
Most of your customers will be at home at the moment, but don’t think they won’t stop spending. Plus, your competition will most likely be marketing, so don’t go silent now.
This is the time to gain leadership with the right marketing plan. When you offer incentives and ways to help the community, this is a form of marketing that is going to make you relevant and stay in people’s minds when things return back to normal.
Make a New Plan
The first thing to do is reevaluate your current marketing plan. For example, Spirit Airlines was starting a new campaign about this being the best time to fly. Since the COVID-19 outbreak, they had to change their plan to align with what is going on in the world.
You must review all pre-scheduled newsletters, ads, and even social media posts. This is the time you will need to edit some of your content.
To make a new plan, focus on marketing to your consumers showing that you are providing the needed recourses and support. Not just to customers, but also to your employees.
Achieve this by providing consistent updates through emails and social media posts along with announcements on your website. Also, it is helpful to provide tips and insights on what you are seeing and experience.
Never increase panic, but always offer support. Be a trusted presence on social media, this is a great way to communicate and interact with your customers.
If you are paying your employees while you are closed, don’t be ashamed to announce it! It is a good way to show that you care about your employees, yet still staying relevant during this difficult time.
Also, if you are donating needed supplies or food to local places, make an announcement. You can also ask your customers to join in.
Marketing to Your Customers
The most effective way to reach your customers during a time like this is to offer them something they can use.
Here are some of my favorite current deals that companies are offering to their customers.
- Free delivery. With so many restaurants closing their doors, they are forced to deliver. But don’t let those delivery fees discourage you. A number of places are offering free delivery!
- Free shipping. Even stores are closing down. But you can still shop in the comfort of your own home. Places like Sephora are offering free shipping on ALL orders, this will only encourage customers to continue shopping at their store.
- Free workouts. Gyms all over the country are closed. So, they are pairing up with technology and offering free live workouts over Instagram and Facebook.
- Helping those not working.Unite Hair knows that many stylists are not working at the moment. Through their new membership program, they are offering 25 percent commission to stylists. Also, they are offering free shipping along with 30 percent off all products for their consumers.
- Free hand sanitizer. Many distilleries around the country are making free hand sanitizer for the customers. This is a great way to get their name out and show they care.
Marketing during a crisis can be a tricky thing. But with insight from a digital marketing agency in Phoenix and thinking outside of the box, you will be able to continue to market so ensure your brand survives.